NetBeans won't run after setting java to 1.6 on MacBookPro Leopard 10.5.8

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by highjo, Nov 5, 2009.

1. highjo macrumors newbie

Hello guys
    i know i've posting a lot about mac lately and setting up my environment to develop on java 1.6.
    after trying to set my etc/launch.conf like so

and with sodu i can't run my java with 1.6 it was still 1.5 so i found online some workarounds

Code:
      rm Current*  
        ln -s 1.6.0/ Current
        ln -s 1.6.0/ CurrentJDK

i works untill i restart the machine and then i cannot run eclipse no netbeans any more.Netbeans start and stop few seconds after and eclipse spit out error code =-1.
    I just want to come back to 1.5 and see.Java parameter behave the same way as NetBeans. i did the same link stuf for 1.5 by removing the current and create the new link, and updating /etc/launchd.conf to 1.5 no success after restarting the machine. java -version give 1.6.0_15 both on normal user and sudo.
    What do you think i should do? Thanks for reading

2. highjo thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved part of it by doing this:

rm ~/Library/Caches/Java/deployment.properties
    sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0
    sudo rm /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6

Netbeans started working again.But there is one problem though.When i type java i got

-bash: java: command not found

but javac and applerviewer can be run.I guess for that one some one can help me thought it.thanks for reading. Ps: for some in the same situation as me i've read you might have to delete Java SE 6 in /Applications/Utilities/Java if there is one

Now i downloaded JavaForMacOSX10.5Update1 and run it. run java again and i could see it but then i don't know where it's installed this time since it's not done by the software updater.WHERE CAN I LOCATE IT? thanks