Netflix > Always go to selected user/profile?

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by PhoenixDown, Aug 6, 2019.

1. PhoenixDown macrumors regular

Hi Folks,

I have an AppleTV 4k and when I click on the Netflix app, I would like it to always go into my profile and not display the other family members on my account. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

2. JBaby macrumors regular

JBaby

Not that I have found. I’d like this too.

3. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

This is so strange.

I would like it always to ask what profile to use, and it doesn't always behave this way.

For example, if my daughter was watching something on Netflix, and I exit Netflix and use Siri to find something to watch. I choose "Open in Netflix", it usually opens it in the last profile that was recently used.

As for the OP's issue, I thought I saw a setting for this, although I might be confusing it with a different app.

4. JBaby macrumors regular

JBaby

Not strange at all. There’s a timeout period. You are coming in before the time expires. It’s a caching issue. I can watch Netflix. Leave and watch something else somewhere else and when I come back to Netflix it’s still on my profile.

5. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I figured as much.

I still think it strange. I wish there was an option to have it always ask which profile you would like to use, similar to Plex.

6. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

Since I am the only person who uses my Netflix account I would love to be able to NOT have to choose my profile every time. :-/

7. JBaby macrumors regular

JBaby

I’m the only person who uses my tv. Same goes for my mom and sister. There should be a setting that lets you choose a default profile the app always uses when it starts.

8. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

Netflix could do it the way the Hulu app does: Only create a profile if you have multiple users.

9. Rigby macrumors 601

Yep. And while you're at it, give me an option to turn off those stupid auto-play trailers.

10. JBaby macrumors regular

JBaby

That’s true. But that wouldn’t help me. I have 3 people on my Netflix. They should do both. One user = no profile like Hulu. Multiple users = Allow the the setting of a default profile that’s device/app specific like it is on iOS Netflix.

Yes!!!