Netflix and ABC app stopping shows (3g iPad)

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by keerf, May 24, 2010.

1. keerf macrumors member

Hi All,

I'm not sure if someone else posted an issue like this, sometimes my search skills rather suck.

Either way, I have an iPad 3g, and with the netflix app and ABC app (over wifi, not 3g), anything I watch, be it a show or movie, the players in both app will cut back to the main app window stopping the program, after a given amount of time.

Just in case my explanation sucks, here is an example:

Today I was watching wargames on netflix, about 30 minutes into the movie, it stopped playing and brought me back into the main netflix app.

In the abc app, I was watching a show, and about 40 minutes into the show (5 minutes or so left) it did the same ting, cut back to the main ABC app.

Is this a setting in both apps that I am missing? Does it sound like I got a defect or something?

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

2. StopSign24 macrumors regular

I've been going through and watching Lost on the ABC app, and Mythbusters on the Netflix app along with a couple of movies and haven't had a single problem like this. I'm using a 16gb wifi model.

3. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I had this happen once with Dances with the Stars (wife not me), it would happen every single time. But when I queued up any other program it played fine. Weird, but the next day it played fine. I think it's just the ABC server gets glitched like that sometimes.