Netflix and Airplay not working on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MajorTCS, Jan 12, 2011.

1. MajorTCS macrumors regular

Any ideas? I have remote also downloaded to my iPad. Could this interfere. YouTube works in Airplay.

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

What version of iOS are you on? Netflix works fine for me on 4.2.1 but when we were in beta for 4.0, it was broken for months. They've since fixed it though. I haven't used Airplay however, but maybe someone will poke their head in and offer their 0.02. :)

3. vini-vidi-vici macrumors 6502

What type of Netflix subscription do you have?

I have an old el-cheapo $5/month subscription that gives me 2 DVDs a month. Plus, it includes unlimited streaming. BUT! A couple months ago, netflix changed the terms on this plan so that I can't stream from devices like the iPad. !#$@#@!!! They no longer offer this $5/month plan; so I have a choice - keep with it, or "upgrade" to some other plan that lets me stream. I'm not sure what I want to do.

Anyway, if I try to run the netflix app on the iPad, it just crashes, and I can't even see the error message clearly (flashes for about a half-second).

4. Panch0 macrumors 6502a

As far as I know, no 3rd party apps are working with video AirPlay yet. For me, Netflix was able to send sound but no picture to the AppleTV. Why do you need to do this? Can't you just connect to Netflix directly from the AppleTV?