Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
UK
I'm seeing some really bizarre behaviour in Netflix on both my ATV 4K and old school fourth gen. When I start playing any TV show it now brings up two boxes in the corner of the screen. One is "Play Intro", and the other is a 4 second countdown. Unless I'm very quick with the remote and select "play intro" it will move to the next episode and completly bypass the one I want to watch. I cannot imagine how this is desirable behaviour.

It's anyone else seeing this? It's driving me nuts. It just started doing it about a week ago.

Reactions: OddyOh

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
I‘ve been experiencing similar issues on my ATV 4K with netflix for a week or so.
Have just updated to 13.3 beta so will see if that’s changed anything.
A small change I made before updating was to change my netflix account setting to ‘play next episode automatically’. I had that off before. Seemed to fix it, which I know sounds counter intuitive.

Edd70

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2018
This started happening to me when I changed my Netflix account to NOT auto play the next episode of a show. But it appears to be temporary.

Have you tried rebooting the app or ATV?

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
UK
I‘ve been experiencing similar issues on my ATV 4K with netflix for a week or so.
Have just updated to 13.3 beta so will see if that’s changed anything.
A small change I made before updating was to change my netflix account setting to ‘play next episode automatically’. I had that off before. Seemed to fix it, which I know sounds counter intuitive.

I gave this a go and to my surprise, it worked. Thanks!

I turned off auto-play literally YEARS ago as it drove me nuts, but if turning it back on stops Netflix randomly not playing what I want it to, then I guess I can live with that.

Reactions: sassenach74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.