Netflix app can be quirky

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cualexander, Apr 3, 2010.

1. cualexander macrumors 6502a

I've discovered if you are playing a netflix movie on the iPad and switch back to the browser, there is no way to switch back to Now Playing... am I missing something here? It not it seems like a big oversight.

2. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

I'm not too fond of the quality either... gah

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I'm going to think they are on "server overload" and serving lower quality.

The lady at Best Buy couldn't activate an iTunes card on 3 registers.... it hung them. Overload.

So i imagine everyone is hitting netflix right now! LOL!!

4. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

That and the fact it's the first version of Netflix to I imagine there will be some quirks.

5. Bleu macrumors newbie

You can be pretty confident that many apps are going to have some issues as devs have only been able to code on simulators up to this point. Doubly so for applications that are all new and don't have a predecessor for iPhone/iPod such as Netflix.

It's the followup in the coming days and weeks with devs addressing bugfixes and usability issues that's going to separate the quality apps from the garbage. That's why I'm not buying any "all new" applications. Wait to see how the reviews go and if the devs are responsive to issues. Freebies such as Netflix I'll grab, but nothing else for the time being.

6. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

It's more or less just a safari web app. Prolly will have to wait until they make a standalone native app.

7. Pared macrumors 65816

Very annoyed the damn statusbar stays on the screen in "FULL SCREEN."

:rolleyes:

8. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

If you press the back button enough it should take you back to your movie/show and will continue where you left off.