Netflix App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Scarpad, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Is there any way to tun off the time and Battery indicator while your watching streaming video in the netflix app

2. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Very nice. I have been waiting for Netflix to release an official app for us iPhone owners. Although I know there are already apps out there to manage your Netflix queue (i.e. Flixster).

4. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Awesome. I wonder if I will be able to use the component cables to use my touch as a netflix device on my bedroom TV.

5. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

The app will allow you to stream videos in your instant queue not just manage it. I'm really looking forward to the iPhone release.

6. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

This news was on MacRumors front page like last week, nothing new. CEO of Netflix said so on Twitter last Friday

7. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

maybe these guys only visit this forum and are excited for this news...dont hate.

8. techguy866 macrumors newbie

Netflix ftw

Okay now there is officially no reason anyone who likes movies should not have netflix. I can watch it on my tv with streaming, I can watch it on my iPhone, I can watch it on my computer... Wait, is there even going to be a need for DVD's in the near future?

Also, I thought the a/v cable thing wasn't working with 3.0 for anyone. I thought only audio comes out of that jack now? :confused: Are some of you having success with video? I sure am not!

9. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Fine. Not everyone reads the front page. Many I am sure just come straight to the forum.

I so happy for you though that you knew this last week. ;-)

Mike

10. nixterrimus macrumors newbie

nixterrimus

I'm really excited for an iPhone app but I'm worried about how Netflix will pull it off. From what I've seen of the iPad version it's just their website with the streaming happening through a quicktime movie instead of the normal silverlight route. Technologically this is sound but it's not beautiful- I love the iPhone platform because It's beautiful. I'm not sure this kind of web solution will scale (down-scale?) well to the iPhone or iPod touch. Still though, very exciting.

11. jmorgan76 macrumors newbie

Netflix app for iPhone available soon?

I thought that the iPhone Netfilx app would be out today (launch day). Does anyone know when it will be available?

12. SarahLovesMac macrumors newbie

SarahLovesMac

I was wondering the same thing....can't find any info online? So happy I kept my unlimited data.

13. selahvie macrumors newbie

Exactly. This is pretty much the only reason I'm keeping my unlimited plan for now.

14. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

It is coming with tethering. Just kidding.....hopefully see it soon

15. gmikesell macrumors regular

I think it comes out toward the end of July

Steve Jobs mentioned in his keynote that it would be out around the end of the summer and then engadget or gizmodo, I believe (one of those tech blogs), announced they will be coming out with the end of July. I wish I could remember where I saw that so I could post the URL.

16. KERRON macrumors newbie

Netflix

When is the Netflix app going to be on the Iphone

17. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I was wondering about the Netflix app as well. There doesn't seem to be any info available besides the little that we learned during the WWDC keynote.

I guess "this summer" could be any time during the next three months.

18. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

Yeah I was so excited when I heard about Netflix coming to iPhone. I already have it for the PS3 and the Wii. When I found out it wouldn't be until later in summer I was so disappointed.

19. smalls78 macrumors newbie

on launch day, sales rep told me he heard it would be out in mid-July

20. Built macrumors 68020

21. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

Same here :)

22. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I heard the end of July as well!

The one thing that makes this app is amazing is I still got Unlimited Data and Netflix will work over 3G !!! Great way to kill time.

23. Built macrumors 68020

Thank God for our grandfathered unlimited data plans! Can't believe anybody would be dumb enough to give it up just to save 5 bucks a month. We are liable to see much more data-intensive apps in the coming couple of years.

Netflix is a perfect example.

24. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade