Netflix ATV2 Menu Problem. Just started.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by BigBrocktoon, Dec 18, 2010.

1. BigBrocktoon macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have been happily using my ATV2 for a couple of months. Today, a new issue cropped up with Netflix.

For some reason, I can only see limited selections on films in each category. For example, I can only see "Foreign, New Releases", and "Foreign, Horror" in the Foreign Category. Documentary is worse, all I can see is "Faith & Spirituality" while browsing. Children and Family, however, shows up fine.

I hope this is not some sort of social recommendation algorithm at work, because these are examples of the films I would least want to watch in those categories.

I have logged out and in on the ATV, and have also unplugged and restarted the ATV. No luck.

Any ideas what might be going on?

2. MyAppAddiction macrumors newbie

3. BigBrocktoon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Man!

I was having the problem before the update, it only updated after I logged out then back in. Strange, but it does seem that it was a decision by Apple to limit the utility of Netflix on the ATV as suggested by some of the others on those threads...