Netflix broken on wifi....(since update)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Wbutchart, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Wbutchart macrumors regular

Hi all, I am having a strange problem.

On my iPad (updated last night) when I attempt to run netflix on wifi the following happens. It loads as if it's going to play then nothing happens. The wifi shuts down, I could leave netflix and wifi is then working on no apps, I have no internet until I go to settings and switch wifi off then back on. I have tried many times with Netflix with the same results.

Netflix is one of the main uses of my ipad so pretty annoyed ios 8 has broke it. Anyone else having this issue?

2. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

3. Wbutchart thread starter macrumors regular

It's working fine on my iPhone 5 on wifi too, it's the ipad that is not working. That's why I know it's not the wifi or Netflix, this is another new problem from Apple. They are getting increasingly generous with those every year.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

No issues with Netflix on iPad 2 or 5S on iOS8.

5. scottw75 macrumors newbie

Tried it on my retina mini and it's fine however I did have wifi problems on my 5ghz network. It works fine on 2.4ghz though.

6. Ries macrumors 68000

Wifi is wonky on 5GHz band on the iPad Air. There are a few others on the devepoper forums that have the same problems. Try putting it in flight mode for 10 seconds and back. It should make it work for a while again. Sometimes a reboot is necessary. Resetting settings improves the issue, but does not eliminate it.

7. chrisk23 macrumors newbie

I had this problem too (on iOS 8.2 and 8.3). After googling a lot and chatting for an hour with the Netflix support, I still had no answer.

Finally, I simply removed my WIFI connection from the iPhone (forget network) and reconnected it anew.

=> problem fixed !!

:)