Netflix Changes, It Now Remembers Last Episode!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by philipk, Oct 18, 2010.

1. philipk macrumors 6502

I was comparing the new PS3 interface verses the ATV2 interface and they are both good.

Then I noticed a change in how my ATV2 interface worked.

When I first got the ATV2 and watched a TV episode on Netflix it always returned to the first episode of the season when I tried to watch the next episode. I would have to scroll manually to the episode.

Today when I tried it, it remembers the last episode that I watched and highlights the next episode on the list.

I did note that it is a bit delayed. It doesn't change instantly. However, if you leave the interface and then return to Netflix, the next episode is highlighted.

Good going, Apple.

2. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

i wonder if the change is more on the netflix server end than anything apple has done. after all, there have been no updates to the firmware or hardware of the apple tv since it was released.

3. philipk thread starter macrumors 6502

That is what I think happened.

Not remembering the last episode watched was a real pain. Now that problem has been fixed.

4. philipk thread starter macrumors 6502

I am sure of it now.

I just went to the Netflix site and there has been some nice changes.

I was testing the integration between my devices (iPhone, iPad, ATV2, and PS3) I watched 20 minutes of UP and an episode from two series. I then went to the Netflix website and had following three choices under "You recently watched"

UP, Resume, 20 of 96 minutes watched.
    Waiting for God, Play Next
    Married with Children, Play Next

All my devices now have a way to play next instead of searching for it.

That is a very nice change.

5. newagemac macrumors 68020

Are you sure the Netflix site wasn't already like that? I thought I remember seeing that on the site even before the ATV was available.

6. philipk thread starter macrumors 6502

I am not sure about the website. I don't remember seeing that I only watch 20 minutes of a 96 minute movie. But I could have missed it before.

I am sure that my ATV2 didn't highlight the next episode when I first got it. There was several others complaining about it on this forum.