Netflix currently not available ERROR

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by DesignDJ, May 9, 2011.

1. DesignDJ macrumors newbie

Ok, so I'm not impressed at all with Apple TV and Netflix. I get the "Netflix currently not available" error all the time and it's starting to annoy my entire family. I know for a fact that Netflix is available because we have an internet enabled Vizio TV with Netflix in the other room that works flawlessly. I'll get the error on the Apple TV and not on the Vizio TV. They are both running off of my wifi, I have a strong connection and a good wireless signal, they are both the same distance from my router. The only way to get around it is to hit menu a bunch, back out, go back to the show or movie over and over again until it works. My wife is ready to stop using it all together. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Funny, I just got this message for the first time (after more than 6 months with the ATV2), and could not figure it out. Not sure what caused it, but it's been preventing me from watching anything for the past hour.

3. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

It seems as though Netflix for iOS devices is using a different source or server than other devices. When the error you described crops up, usually it goes away immediately.

4. patp Guest

5. MrMoore macrumors 6502

I can't get Netflix to work on either the AppleTV or the iPad. Very strange. Maybe it is iOS related. :confused:

6. patp Guest

netflix is up and running for me now. When backing out via menu i get the "Netflix is not available at this time" warning. but otherwise everything seems to be loading, movies and tv shows.

7. macking104 macrumors 6502

macking104

Looking at their tech support forums, there is a problem with Netflix on ios, Ps3, etc... So best bet is look at the Netflix website or their Facebook page for factual answers...

8. RWinOR macrumors 6502

Greenest and wettest place in North America
    I get this on occasion as well. It is almost always followed by an e-mail from Netflix issuing a credit for the interruption I had that particular day. Netflix normally works very well for me.

9. churchrd macrumors member

I get this message quite often. It's usually resolved after I unplug and plug the power chord back in.

I'm hoping a patch can fix this.

10. DesignDJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Haven't got this error once since the update... fingers crossed!