Netflix DVD queue app for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by bigpatky, Mar 15, 2011.

1. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

Since Netflix took out the DVD queue function of their native app, I'm looking for an iPad app that will allow for queue management. I know I can use a browser, but are there any apps out there? I use pocketflix on my iphone, but it's not universal. Any suggestions?

2. bigpatky thread starter macrumors regular

bigpatky

3. vizfxman macrumors regular

At first I thought, what the hell is this person talking about? And then I loaded up Netflix on the iPad. It's really unfortunate that the feature has been removed.

I have an app on the iPhone called Now Playing that can access the DVD queue. I'm not sure if there is an iPad version of the app.

4. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

I haven't checked yet, but can you access it through the Netflix Web site on the iPad?

I don't fully grasp the idea behind just doing streaming...I get the point, but some of their stuff just isn't available for streaming. I'd like to still get the movie in my hands...

5. vizfxman macrumors regular

Yep, the DVD queue is easily accessed through their website on the iPad.

I honestly don't watch Netflix that often on the iPad. Mostly it's streamed to the PS3.

And I don't bring my iPad with me while traveling. I'm curious, how is the Netflix streaming while on the 3G network? ...if anyone has experience with that.

6. EDALBNUG macrumors newbie

Try Flixster.
    It's a pretty decent app all by itself (finding movies to watch in theater or in your living room) and it connects with Netflix to manage your DVD and inst watch queues.

7. bigpatky thread starter macrumors regular

bigpatky

i forgot about flixster's netflix capabilities. thanks.