Netflix Error

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Moyank24, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Is anyone getting an error message today while trying to access Netflix on their phone?

I'm getting:

Please make sure that your Device's Date and Time setting are updated to the current date.

It's happening on both phones on my account. I'm at work so I haven't been able to do much. But I'm trouble shooting for the person who actually wants to use it now.

2. 184550 Guest

I had issues last night with the app on my 3GS, though not the one you've mentioned. I kept on getting a failure to connect to servers error.

I tried resetting the app several times through Settings but ended up turning off my phone and turning it back on. That seemed to work, I haven't had any more issues.

3. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I just had this issue at the gym today. I thought it was something wrong with my iPhone, so I'm glad to see someone else reporting the same issue.

Just tried turning my phone off and on again. Netflix app loads to a login screen, and as I'm typing in my info a message pops up:

"Error. Please make sure that your device's Date and Time settings are updated to the current date."

My date and time are correct.

Also, there were a few occasions where I could type in my login info, but I would get a timed out error while it tried to connect. I've never had issues connecting before. Last time I used the app was two weeks ago while I was in the same gym.

4. Moyank24 thread starter macrumors 601

Moyank24

I restarted my phone and the problem was still there so I actually deleted the app and redownloaded the app. I tried to sign in but it was timing out as well. Then it said my password was incorrect. Very odd.

I figured I would try to work it all out when I get home from work.

5. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Well the watch instantly site appears to be down on my PC. Just normal maintenance I hope!

Message on the netflix site:
    " We’re sorry, the Netflix website and the ability to instantly watch movies are both temporarily unavailable."

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Just noticed it when I went to log in online.

Hope it's not a hack :eek:

7. Moyank24 thread starter macrumors 601

Moyank24

Looks like whatever the problem was, it's fixed now.

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I had an issue with accessing Netflix through my Apple TV last night. It looks like it was a wide spread problem. I hope it's fixed tonight.

9. kicko macrumors 65816

netflix said on their twitter that some people were having issues with streaming and it was being worked on. It currently resolved.

I did stream from my phone & xbox last night and had no issue.

Any time something like this happens i always do a twitter search to figure out if anyone else is having an issue. Twitter is great for that.

10. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I received an email last night from Netflix informing me because of issues with streaming, they are giving me 3% off my next billing cycle. Since I only have the streaming plan at $7.99, that equates to $.23 off. I guess it's better than nothing.

11. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

Yeah, I got that email last night as well. I wasn't even able to log in to check my account. I hope no one that planned to cancel their subscription that day had that issue. All is working again for me, though.