Netflix for iPad question

GaMeFaNaTiC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying the new iPad (4). Just wondering if the current netflix app supports full HD (1080p) streaming on the retina display? And how does it look?

The only info I can find on this is from March 2012 where HD streaming is "coming soon".

Thanks!

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm not finding anything official on this from the Official Netflix Blog, so i am doubting it's 1080P on the iPad. Just the Apple TV3 only.

However, I have the iPad [3] and shows on Netflix look very good to me anyway.

Comment

GaMeFaNaTiC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
I'm not finding anything official on this from the Official Netflix Blog, so i am doubting it's 1080P on the iPad. Just the Apple TV3 only.

However, I have the iPad [3] and shows on Netflix look very good to me anyway.
Could you please take a screenshot of something playing (if possible) so I can have a see of what its like when playing. Maybe something like a cartoon which normally looks best in HD.

I'm currently using a PS3 for netflix. It does 1080p but it would be nice to have an iPad for TV Shows. (only if the quality is good though).

Comment

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Could you please take a screenshot of something playing (if possible) so I can have a see of what its like when playing. Maybe something like a cartoon which normally looks best in HD.

I'm currently using a PS3 for netflix. It does 1080p but it would be nice to have an iPad for TV Shows. (only if the quality is good though).

How about a couple from Mythbusters?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.