Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LD220

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
I've had this issue for a while and can never seem to find a fix when I google for the answer...

I have no problems using any part of the Netflix site, or even the Watch Instantly feature, except for the Watch Instantly Homepage. This is the page that usually loads first when you go to neflix.com and it's the page that shows what you've watched most recently and gives you tons of recommendations based on what genres you usually watch. I didn't really care much about it before because I was just using the Watch Instantly to watch things already in my queue, but now I'd like to be able to find some new videos.

Anyway, whenever I go to http://www.netflix.com, it redirects to http://www.movies.netflix.com/WiHome, which is the Watch Instantly Home. It loads about halfway and some of the picture show up, and then it just stops. The progress bar does not show blue anymore, but the reload arrow (or whatever it is on the right side of the address bar) continues to spin. It never goes any further and it seems to interfere with my entire internet connection. If I try to go to other websites it won't work. I have to cancel the load and wait about a minute before I am able to load any new websites.

I am running Safari 5.1 and I do not have this issue on Firefox.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here, or even better, how to fix it?

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I have the same problem, I thought it was my connection. Because sometimes it will show all movies, and sometimes just sits there. Safari might not like the way Netflix works now. Try another browser.

Hugh

LD220

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Thanks. Yeah, it used to load ok once in a while, but probably for the last couple of months it doesn't want to load at all. Some movies show up and others are just blacked out and never load.

I have tried Firefox and it loads fine with that, but I use Safari primarily, so it's just a little annoying to have to switch back and forth. I thought someone might have an easy fix for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.