Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime Video

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by rneglia, Apr 5, 2016.

?

If you could only have one

1. Netflix

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. Hulu

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. Amazon Prime Video

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. rneglia macrumors 6502

rneglia

You can only choose one of these apps to subscribe to. Which one do you choose and why?

2. geesus macrumors regular

geesus

HBO :p

They don't have as much content, but I think they have generally higher quality stuff in their catalogue. After that, I would keep Hulu.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Netflix, I've never been tempted by the paid tiers of Hulu, and Amazon Prime video gets occasional use, but I mostly have it for the free shipping.

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Hulu with no commercials. The bulk of my TV Series is still on Network TV. I get 1 or 2 good shows on the others but not as much as Network TV. I can get good movies on multiple. Amazon Prime is not on Apple TV so that rules it out.

5. shacky macrumors regular

shacky

The answer to this question depends on what services you already have. If you are a cord cutter with little or no access to broadcast TV; Hulu is your likely choice. If you still have cable or OTA access to network television, then Netflix or Amazon are your likely choices.

6. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I presently have all three. I rarely use Amazon Prime and only signed up for Hulu for the 11.22.63 mini-series.

For me, the answer is netflix by a mile. The reason is on all formats (for me, iPhone, iPad and computer) their user interface is MUCH better. Amazon comes in second and Hulu is just beyond stupid and frustrating. It was the worst in userfriendliness in the old days and is still stupid after a recamp. They just don't get it.

Netflix is the one I reccomend. Amazon comes with a Prime membership, so that's their main plus.

7. JBaby macrumors member

JBaby

Commercial-free Hulu. I watch it more than any other service. I have Netflix, HBO, Showtime, AmazonPrime, and Starz. I love TV.

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I have all three services, but if I only had to choose one, it would hands down be Netflix.