Netflix Instant Watch doesn't work after downloading OS X Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Align550, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Align550 macrumors newbie

Recently I downloaded and installed OS X Lion and I wanted to watch Netflix like I always do and it says plug in failure and when I remembered to click it to see what's wrong it doesn't show up anymore I don't update Adobe stuff

I'm not like a coder or anything so help would be awesome

thanks

2. unixperience macrumors regular

netflix doesn't use adobe (flash) it actually uses microsoft silverlight, which is in my opinion far superior to flash.

anyway go here http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx
    thats where you download silverlight It will look on your computer and see what version you have and if its outdated, if so you can download the newer version and install

restart the browser and try netflix again, hopefully that fixes it. let us know how it turns out

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Try updating Silverlight from Microsoft. It's the plugin that Netflix uses to display video.

4. Align550 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot really helped

5. Align550 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot really helped

6. podsorcerer09 macrumors regular

Even if silverlight is listed as up to day by the microsoft website, it may need to simply be reinstalled if you did an upgrade over SL.

Silver light is located /Library/Internet Plugins/Silverlight.plugin

Drag that to the trash and restart your computer after you empty it, and then go back to the website and reinstall silverlight. Sometimes the plugin gets corrupted during the upgrade.