Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bridge51

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Newark, DE
I want to get Netflix and use it's "Instanly Watch" option. I've come to understand that this can only be done on a PC, and not a Mac, at this time.

However, is it possible to watch movies instanly using Parallels? or (if necessary) Bootcamp? I don't know exactly what would be required in this case, I have XP SP1 installed on a seperate partition on my Macbook (2.2 Ghz, 4 Gb RAM) and I have Parallels.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!

cazlar

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Yep should work fine in both. Once you go to start streaming, you'll need to update some DRM files in Windows, and you may need to update Windows Media Player to do that (sorry, cant remember). But then just fire up IE and it should work. Depending on your internet speed, quality can vary, but usually it is pretty good.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I have the Roku Netflix player and it works great. Obviously I'm watching on the TV and not the computer, but the picture looks very good over my DSL line.

I did have a problem getting it to connect to my Airport wireless network. I ended up just hooking it up via ethernet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.