Netflix iPad app keeps pausing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sfwalter, Jul 20, 2010.

1. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Lately when watching movies via netflix streaming on wifi has been a pain. The movies will keep on being interrupted since enough data hasn't been fetched from the netflix servers. So I have to wait for a 20 or so seconds and then the movie will continue.

I never had this problem in the past so I wonder if it has to do with the latest upgrade to either iOS or netflix app.

Anyone else seen similar issues and/or any ideas what I can do to resolve it?

Scott.

2. 88Keys macrumors regular

88Keys

Could be a combination of the netflix app itself and your wifi connection. A number of users including myself have been experiencing slow wifi on their iPads. Also for what it's worth, the netflix app is quite terrible. I know that they can do better than that.

3. jimHdk macrumors regular

This is quite likely due to variations in the internet speed rather than WiFi speed.

4. fw221 macrumors member

If it makes you feel any better, Netflix does that on my Roku player as well. :rolleyes:

5. 88Keys macrumors regular

88Keys

I'm not sure about that. Most of the time my internet connection is fine and I still experience slow wifi on the iPad.

6. denis001 macrumors newbie

I was having this problem too. I uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it again. That seems to have fixed it; at least for now.

7. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

UsUally when I have this problem it is bc another computer on my network is downloading something.

8. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

The netflix app seems to have the most issues of any app I've used.

9. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

Most likely burps in your WiFi connection. I've used both the Netflix app and a Roku, and I haven't had problems with either buffering out.

10. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

Blazing fast here. I agree the app could use work but so far I haven't ran into problems that others have. Fortunately.