Netflix now works on IOS 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daj27, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Daj27 macrumors newbie

Daj27

I have recently downloaded the Netflix update and it now works on IOS 5 beta. I have beta 4. Don't know if will work on the other versions.

2. Annerz macrumors regular

3. NeshyD macrumors regular

NeshyD

4. Daj27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Daj27

5. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

As soon as I saw the update on the Apps Store, I knew that Netflix was up-to-speed with the new IOS. Love it.

6. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Just went to the app store and I see no Netflix update. Just the one for the iPhone and iPad dated last year.

7. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Are y'all smoking crack or what? Netflix clearly state in the app store that the iOS 5 betas are not supported and they will only ever support production releases. Why people post nonsense like this is beyond me...

8. guitarwizard39 macrumors newbie

For clarification: this afternoon, there was a netflix update (iPad 2) which caused the app to work on iOS 5 (I'm running beta 4 here). I even watched an episode of Psych.

Later in the day, there was another update, this one being version 1.3. This one says in the update info that iOS 5 is not supported. I updated (because what company would backtrack?!) and found that Netflix had dropped support again.

Sadness. But, it is nice to know that Netflix is capable of working on iOS 5

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

The update issued today was 1.4. It looks like that update has been pulled and we are back on Version 1.3. I was lucky enough to download it on both my iPad and iPhone before it was pulled.. I wonder why its gone...:confused:

10. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Apple probably whacked their pee pee.

11. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Wow I'm so glad I did not apply the second update. Mine still works

12. wvphysics macrumors regular

"Not supported" does not mean "will not work". It means "MAY not work and if it does not then we will not provide support to fix it". If the whole purpose of releasing the beta is to test apps, then why is it so crazy that someone might go ahead and include the fix in an update before release. If I was a dev I'd want my app working for those running the beta as well as have It ready before release rather than wait until release day when everyone is rushing to upload and download. If someone here was whining about it not working and trashing netflix for not updating then your statement would have merit. Considering that many apps have been updated to work on iOS5 like hulu and briefly Netflix itself your statement was nothing more than trolling.

13. wvphysics macrumors regular

I noticed that the second updated was dated back in may and did not update. Yay for those who got netflix in beta.

14. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

People calling the second one an 'update' is what's throwing everyone off. It's more of a rollback.

15. wvphysics macrumors regular

I think the update system is part of a Pavlovian experiment. We all hear that bell and go running to "update".

16. Nekcik macrumors member

Nekcik

iTunes has been kinda wonky the past few days. An update will show for a bit then a rollback will appear, then around 12 hours later the new update will show up again. So give it some time.. The IOS 5 beta 4 working Netflix should be back up soon again.

17. Toddph macrumors newbie

Working!

IOS 4 Beta , re-installed Netflix all up and running :)

18. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Verified. Seems to come and go.