Netflix on Iphone 5

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by nbunker, Nov 6, 2012.

1. nbunker macrumors newbie

Is anyone else having problems with Netflix on their iPhone 5's or on 6.0/6.0.1? I couldn't get it to work on either. If I open the app it just gets stuck on the opening start up screen no matter how long I wait. The only way i've managed to get it to open is if i delete it and reinstall it each time i want to use it.

2. SCIONTX macrumors regular

A new version became available today. Is that one causing issues?

3. nbunker thread starter macrumors newbie

haha i didn't even see there was an update when i posted this. I just downloaded it and still the same exact problem. Netflix used to work perfectly fine on my previous iPhones but i've had no such luck since i got my 5

4. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

I'm not having problems at all... In fact, it's mind-blowingly fast.

The FIRST time I launched it, Netflix hung on the opening page, but after quitting and relaunching, it worked just fine.

5. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Occasionally it wil lhang like that for me - one night I couldn't shake it.

never deleted/re-installed, just would close it fully (hold home) and that usually fixed it for me.

6. nbunker thread starter macrumors newbie

That's strange, I had been doing some research and couldn't find much aside from the occassional bad review in the app store saying they couldn't get it to open but nothing helpful. I wonder if it has anything to do with me restoring from previous back ups when i got it? For what it's worth it runs perfectly fine if i delete/reinstall it until i exit out of it then i can't get it to start back up without deleting it again.