Netflix on retina

Discussion in 'iPad' started by StellarEvo, Mar 17, 2012.

1. StellarEvo macrumors newbie

I'm really blown away by the screen on this iPad but I'm thinking that Netflix app just isn't ready for this resolution yet.

I've read some other posts about changing the quality setting on the Netflix website and it doesn't appear to be that good, even when comparing it to my tv.

I will say that the Trailers app pushes out some AMAZING quality videos. I think I've watched some movie trailers for some terrible movies but I couldn't stop watching! :eek:

2. maclook macrumors 65816

ABC updated their app for the retina display. I was only expecting higher quality icons and buttons but there was actually HD streaming. Super high quality.

I don't even know if Hulu or the network's personal sites offer HD streaming. As far as I know, the highest option is 480p.

3. StellarEvo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, that sounds good. I'll pick that up now. Maybe I can find a good ABC show.

I was really hoping to start watching The Walking Dead, since the wife has no interest, on the retina quality screen. I'm just not impressed with the quality though.

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I believe Netflix will push out an upgrade soon for the new display. At least I sure HOPE they do!!!

5. StellarEvo thread starter macrumors newbie

Agreed. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is seeing this. I haven't seen too many postings on this and thought my eyes were going bad!

6. TSloper macrumors member

Keep in mind that even 1920 x 1080 content has to be scaled up now. Take 1280x720 or NTSC resolutions and scale them... there is no magic that is going to make them look great. I would expect most new content on Netflix to be 1080P where possible but the older stuff is what it is (at least for a while).