Netflix: over MIWI (Jailbroken) vs Native Iphone App?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by whyrichard, Oct 7, 2010.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hey,

I am traveling and have been taking advantage of my unlimited date + netflix app...

my question is:

-is there a risk watching movies on my laptop through miwi (jailbroken of course)? a movie can easily be 1.5 gigs, and i've been watching a few

-are movies viewed through the netflix app on the phone a smaller file size then those i would get on my laptop?

mainly, my concern is this supposed 5gig cap to data... if this is true, then you could easily exceed that cap by just watching five netflix movies on your phone...?

thanks!

r.

2. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

There is no cap. Your unlimited plan is unlimited.

3. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I did this for a full week of vacation to FL earlier this summer and my wife and I probably watched 3 or 4 movies via MiWi on my MacBook Pro and I heard nary a word from AT&T about it (racked up about 3GB that month, I usually sit closer to 500MB).

4. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

Last month I had 24gb. Mainly from netflix. Sometimes when I didn't want to watch it on my phone I would use mywi and used it on my laptop. My att dsl was down and they had a hard time fixing it. Now I am watching netflix solely on my phone and I am halfway through my month and I am at 4gb. My job is boring and I watch a lot of tv on my phone. When I am not watching netflix I am streaming my slingbox. Nobody has said anything to me. :eek:

5. FastangV6 macrumors regular

FastangV6

Regularly hit 8-10GB on one of the iPhones on my "unlimited" data plan for the past 10-11 months now, and still no issues with AT&T yet.