Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
When I tried the Neflix app, it gave me the choice of logging into my account or a 30 day free trial. Since I have a Netflix dvd account with a few movies in the instant watching queue, I tried to log into my account. It then told me that Netfix was not currently available. I reset the ATV3, and went through the same process with the same result. I can stream the instant queue movies to my Mac so I thought the Netflix app should also work. Any ideas?

elmo151

Jul 3, 2007
NYC
When I tried the Neflix app, it gave me the choice of logging into my account or a 30 day free trial. Since I have a Netflix dvd account with a few movies in the instant watching queue, I tried to log into my account. It then told me that Netfix was not currently available. I reset the ATV3, and went through the same process with the same result. I can stream the instant queue movies to my Mac so I thought the Netflix app should also work. Any ideas?

don't know what your problem is. it worked fine for me.

give it another try. perhaps Netflix had a server overload

TheClaff

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2009
Has anyone that already had Netflix tried to use the 30 day trial or switch their account so it bills via Apple account and not credit card? For ease of managing payments I thought about switching my account to the apple tv payment. I use the same email address for both but no idea how to actually switch it. I imagine if I said yes to the 30 day trial i'd get a email saying i already have a account.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
wait a few hours and try again. I think Netflix is a bit overwhelmed

After doing a reset yesterday, I tried using the "30 day free trial" way to start. It took all my info, then once again told me that Netflix was not currently available and what I assume was an error code (728?). From other comments on the forum about Netflix video/audio quality, I think I will just drop it. I just thought, since I already had a Netflix dvd account with a few movies in my instant view queue, I would try it out. But I would never pay for a streaming account without 1080p/DD 5.1 capability.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I tried to start the free trial, but after I enter the email address, Netflix asks for a password. It then tells me that the account info is incorrect, but I've never had a Netflix account. I've tried several different email addresses but the same thing happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.