Netflix/Silver light crash?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KipCoon, Apr 23, 2009.

1. KipCoon macrumors regular

KipCoon

Anyone having problems streaming Netflix?

My iMac 24" was doing it flawlessly until about 2 months ago and now any time I try to stream instant vids, it gets to "buffering" and Firefox or Safari will crash.

Roommates Macbook just started having the same problem a week ago.

Checked netflix's blog and the forums, didn't see any hits from searching...

I checked my version of silverlight and its up to date.

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, I just checked this against my Netflix account and haven't had any problems.

Have you checked your network connection to make sure that your throughput is high enough to be able to play streaming content? I've had a couple of days recently where, for no good reason whatsoever, my throughput sucked. I've used the broadband speed tester at DSL reports to help me see if it was my network connection. I'm sure that there's other speed testers out there, that's just the one that I've been using for ages.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. KipCoon thread starter macrumors regular

KipCoon

Its odd, I just converted a Mini 9 into a Hackintosh and it streams fine but the other two macs in the house do not... All running on the same router (Airport Extreme), and whatnot.

As for bandwidth, should be high enough, I play games on it just fine that are pretty demanding..

4. kyou macrumors newbie

Netflix/Silver light crash?

I've been having this same issue for over a week, under different users on different computers with several browsers. I am thinking it is due to a update for Silver Light (part of the Flip-4-Mac update.

5. AWeber3030 macrumors newbie

AWeber3030

I'm having the same issue with my 27" i7 iMac. But Netflix plays fine on my late 2008 unibody MacBook.

6. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

Issue here as well. It shows a black screen and it won't do anything in any browser

7. terrynswill macrumors newbie

I had the same issue. I deleted the silver light program, and reinstalled and now it's working for me :)

8. ragamuffinway macrumors newbie

fix for Netflix crash

I had the same problems, but i installed the newest silverlight and everything is working fine. Auto update won't find the update. I googled silverlight and went to the website to get the newest version.