Netflix/Silverlight in Lion

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
I've yet to see a crash, or hold up on system performance using Netflix or silverlight in my MacBook Pro. Flash on the other hand is completely worthless on any OS. Had a kernel panic earlier today watching the MacBook Air boot comparison video via 9to5mac.com.

Comment

HC1Rdrum

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
It's not working for me on Lion. Any suggestions? It says "plugin failure" when trying to stream on Netflix ever since I installed Lion.

Comment

luten

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2010
For me it plays fine in Lion / Safari, but the widgets don't work (pause, play next episode, etc.) - however the keyboard shortcuts (space to pause, etc.) all work fine.

Same behavior with Silverlight 4 as well as 5 beta

Comment

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
It's not working for me on Lion. Any suggestions? It says "plugin failure" when trying to stream on Netflix ever since I installed Lion.
Did you do a clean install of Lion? If so, you will have to download Sliverlight and install it. It's not automatically on there since it's a MS product.

Hugh

Comment

bailorg

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
Netflix is working fine here with Silverlight 4.

It works in both Chrome and Safari.
I'm not sure if this is related, but when attempting to watch an online Silverlight video, the plugin crashed under Chrome, but worked in Safari.

When I went to the Microsoft Silverlight download page in Chrome, the site claimed that I was using an "unsupported" browser.

Comment

HereToLearnMore

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2010
Lion Killed Safari Siverlight...

I upgraded to Lion today. Netflix no longer works when using Safari 5. I am getting the plugin failure message. However Netflix streaming works in Firefox 5.0.1.

Running on a 2010 Macbook Pro

Comment

HereToLearnMore

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2010
Update! It works!!

I started tooling around on Microsoft's Silverlight website and landed here: http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/case-studies/default.aspx?view=1&feature=Media

While the page was loading I was informed that I needed a newer version of Silverlight in order for the page to work (opening Silverlight via Applications yielded no information about a new version being available). Netflix now streams just fine in both Safari and Firefox.

Comment