Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
So I have 2 monitors installed (One 30" ACD and one 40" Sony Bravia HDTV).

I want Netflix to play in the second monitor, I hit fullscreen, then go back to my ACD, it exits full screen.

I used to be able to do this. I think it once asked me if I want it to stay fullscreen, I accidentally pressed now, so now it exits it.

I removed Silverlight and reinstalled, same thing.

fiddlechick

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2011
Silverlight preferences

I used to be able to do this. I think it once asked me if I want it to stay fullscreen, I accidentally pressed no, so now it exits it.

I made the same "accidentally clicked no" mistake and finally had time to figure it out today. This worked for me:

- Applications folder > the Microsoft Silverlight launches the preferences for Silverlight

- Permissions tab

- Expand Netflix until you see "Full-Screen: stay full screen when unfocused." It should currently say "Deny."

- Select the above text and click "Allow" and close out of the prefs

I'm still running 10.5.8, but don't think it should matter. Hope this helps.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
You are a certified genius. !

I feel stupid, but then again, I probably am.

Thank you!!! :D

r98266

macrumors member
May 18, 2012
I made the same "accidentally clicked no" mistake and finally had time to figure it out today. This worked for me:

- Applications folder > the Microsoft Silverlight launches the preferences for Silverlight

- Permissions tab

- Expand Netflix until you see "Full-Screen: stay full screen when unfocused." It should currently say "Deny."

- Select the above text and click "Allow" and close out of the prefs

I'm still running 10.5.8, but don't think it should matter. Hope this helps.

I love you.. you have no idea how annoying that was.

Milia

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2013
Easier way

Another and easier way is to open up a movie in netflix. Then when not in full screen, pause it and right click. Then click Silverligt. Click on the tab Permissions and select allow for the netflix full screen.

BoomSon

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2014
In my permissions this is allowed and yet it still goes to small screen.
Can anyone help?
I have OS X 10.9.1 ... anyone hear of software bugs causing this?

qpdbqp

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
In my permissions this is allowed and yet it still goes to small screen.
Can anyone help?
I have OS X 10.9.1 ... anyone hear of software bugs causing this?

I had two listings for Netflix in my Silverlight permissions. I Removed them both then reloaded the page. Silverlight asked again when I put the movie into fullscreen and that worked. We'll see how long it lasts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.