Netflix TV Show selecting epsiodes

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Soulcrux, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

I tried to watch Firefly, and it automatically started playing the first episode. It gives one no way of selecting a specific episode. When I tried to "skip forward" button, it just ended the episode and went out back to the browser.

Netflix really needs to design an iPad specific UI for this thing...

2. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

If you click on the show icon it brings up all episodes for the season

3. Soulcrux thread starter macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Thanks!

Really though, this needs a better UI. Even just copy/pasting the Xbox one or even the PS3 one would make it much simpler. I dont want to use the Netflix app for ordering discs or any of that crap! i just want to watch instantly! =D

4. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

:confused:It works exactly like the browser player version. I just went into Firefly and was able to view and/or play the content of any disc. You need to view the selection and that will get you the full list of shows.

I was too slow on the reply. You may not be interested but most other people would be screaming about what crap it was if they couldn't control their queue.

5. Soulcrux thread starter macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Except you can control your queue on the console UIs

6. Craiglf macrumors newbie

I've tried touching everything possible and I can't get the episode list to come up. Am I the only one having this problem?

I've never been able to tap on the movie or show title to get a detail page to come up either. What am I doing wrong?

7. CactusHawk macrumors regular

Tap on the picture. It will pull up an info pane. At the bottom of the pane is a button for "more info". Push that and the complete episode listing appears.

8. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

That would be terrible. Browsing is much worse in the Xbox version and you have little control.

9. Craiglf macrumors newbie

I've tried tapping on the picture. I've tried tapping on the title. Nothing is happening. I've even gone gone back to check if I have the latest version and I do. I've even rebooted a few times. I don't know why mine is different.

10. Neuron1 macrumors newbie

Netflix- can't choose individual TV episodes

I am having the same problem. No matter what I tap on, I never get the submenu. I called Netflix and they said it should work and it does work on the several iPads they had there. I tried resetting and even restored completely and then only loaded the Netflix app. It still didn't work.

The Netflix help person thought the problem might be with the iPad itself, but thus far (it's a 3G model, so new) I haven't noticed any issues with other programs.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

11. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

So when you search for a series in watch instant area, and find the show you are after, you don't even a get tiny pop up when tapping the name or show cover? I just tested that, I get a pop up, then I tap more details, which then I'm taken to a full page about the show. It might not be in the watch instant tab anymore, but there you can add it to the DVD queue, or scroll Down to watch each episode instantly.

12. Neuron1 macrumors newbie

I don't know about Craig, but yes, I don't get the tiny pop up. If I tap on text name of the show, it just turns red, but nothing else happens. If in other places I tap on the show's icon, nothing happens there as well. In short, I can't seem to get that next level pop up menu regardless of what I do.

13. Craiglf macrumors newbie

You are correct. I did not get a pop up, but after you said that, something in my mind clicked. I remembered a setting I unchecked in my preferences online.

Neuron you need to tap on "Your Account & Help" in the upper right corner. Go down to preferences in the lower left and check the box next to "Enable detailed movie information on roll-over".

It works perfectly for me now. I remember unchecking that a long time ago because it was annoying to me when I was looking through movies on my MacBook. I guess I'll have to deal with it on my MacBook just so it will work on my iPad.

14. Neuron1 macrumors newbie

Thanks Craig-- I just figured this out too, but unfortunately after I called Netflix, then Apple (who figured out it was account specific with Netflix) then back to Netfix who figured out the roll over option. I never had it checked, so didn't think of it. But it's great to have it working!

15. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I do it all the time from my touch to set programs into my instant queue. It doesn't have the popup I get with my pc but if I click on the picture it goes to the details page that has the individual episodes further down.

16. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

The iPad version would benefit from the Wii's UI example.

17. Precursor macrumors 6502

Precursor