Netflix UK

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by appleboyy, Dec 7, 2010.

1. appleboyy macrumors 6502

2. shandyman Suspended

well netfilx were talking about coming out in the UK early next year, but if you can't wait you need a VPN, an american address and a credit card that works, if you search this forum, you'll find a guide, i've seen a couple on here over the past few months

3. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

I wonder if they will offer a LoveFilm option for UK Apple TV eventually or whether we will just have to wait for Netflix UK to launch.

4. shandyman Suspended

lovefilm are talking about getting onto more devices such as ps3, xbox, etc, so maybe apple tv as well. netflix is going to just be streaming only, no discs, so it's wait and see.

5. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Lovefilm are already on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, as well as on several new internet-connected TVs (my Sony NX series has Lovefilm). Basically Lovefilm are Netflix in the UK, except Lovefilm offer discs too.

6. Evgenyy macrumors regular

What's the selection like on Lovefilm? Last I heard their streaming selection was very poor...

7. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Varies according to device. The PS3 selection is rubbish, but the PC/Mac browser selection is much better. Obviously the disc service has basically everything.

8. shandyman Suspended

they're not on xbox yet, knew they were on PS3 already, still waiting for it to come to my samsung blu ray player tho

netflix does discs too. but they won't over here.