Netflix update! Video out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phenomkickz, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Phenomkickz macrumors member

2. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

3. Phenomkickz thread starter macrumors member

The quality isnt to good, but i can deal with it

4. chrisc983 macrumors member

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Netflix streaming quality isn't really great anywhere. I don't have any way to test this iPhone out method right now to compare, but I'm betting it's similar to what I get from my PS3 which is to say "it's good enough."

6. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

what kind of cables do you guys use for video out on the iphone?

7. asr10 user macrumors regular

How does it look on a 32-40" TV ? Is it at least SD or DVD quality? Or is it super pixelated like the Droid HDMI cable.

8. Phenomkickz thread starter macrumors member

You need the iphone av cables, u can find them on ebay gor around $6 or apple.com for around $60

Im using it on my 32, it shows decent, its under dvd quality to me

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

But sadly, it appears to only work on the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4. I'm still stuck using TVOut2.

10. james92se macrumors 6502a

So how does this work? I already have generic cables, Resupported and DisplayOut, so I've been watching Netflix on the TV that way.

How would I test this "natively"? I mean, is it any different (or look different) than just displaying the iPhone screen on the TV like how I've been doing?

11. jason221 macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, still no Retina Display update. However, I did just notice that all 8 seasons of Monk and seasons 1-4 of Psych are now available for Watch Instantly, so that's good. :p

Edit: I take back that Retina Display comment partially. Looks like they did update the loading screen (when the app first opens) and the pause/play icons, the rewind 30 seconds icon, and the zoom/fit-to-screen icon.

12. autumnmike macrumors member

I use the RCA apple connector. The quality isn't all that hot. It's watchable, but it's less than DVD quaility.

13. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

looks like DVD quality to me , test out Top Gear, looks really good streaming to iPhone

I have been using TVout2 + official apple cables since the app first came out

I'll update to the new netflix and see if there are any differences ( if there are I will come back and report)

14. citivolus macrumors 6502a