Netflix USA in Canada

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Redsfan, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Redsfan macrumors regular

well it looks like I messed up by taking the 6.1 update on my ATV and now I believe I am locked out of getting US in Canada..I tried a restore but it takes me back to 6.1 and I cannot revert back...any ideas?

If I buy a new unit, after set up can I control what software gets installed?

2. Cubytus macrumors 65816

3. linds15 macrumors 6502a

netflix gives you content from whichever region it believes you are in. so what cubytus said is correct. how were you getting it before that you think the update restricts you from it?

4. Redsfan thread starter macrumors regular

I have had it working for quite a while using DNS change, free, not with the paid options out there. It looks like the popular ways of getting the U.S service has changed. It was as simple as switching location to the U.S. and using DNS to spoof.

Since I took the update to 6.1 today, it looks like I am locked out of any future way of getting what I want. If there was a way to revert back to a previous software version that is what I am asking...

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

6.1.1 still allows you to set DNS. Recently Hulu has blocked many of the popular DNS spoofers, maybe Netflix has done the same.

6. Redsfan thread starter macrumors regular

possibly so...have read that I should not update to 6.1.1. so not sure if that did something or there is simplay no code for it yet.

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

8. Redsfan thread starter macrumors regular

very lucky...I am too cheap to pay. This is the first time I have been in the dark with DNS issues so not sure if something is going on or not..you are using 6.1.1.?

9. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It was something like $20 a year. Pretty cheap, works fine but that can change. I'm on 6.1.1 although that has nothing to do with DNS spoofing.

10. linds15 macrumors 6502a

DNS settings have nothing to do with your software version. its more likely whatever free DNS you're using isnt compatible anymore

11. Redsfan thread starter macrumors regular

Correct but from what I read those at 6.1 are experiencing blocking of previous DNS spoofing