Netflix users

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xenotaku, Dec 2, 2007.

1. xenotaku macrumors regular

Anyone else find it really lame that streaming movies that comes with our memberships is only available on Windows? Pisses me off to no end, does anyone know a workaround for this?

I wasn't really sure the best forum to post this in, but its a software issue...so maybe here?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I tried asking about it because they want me back. I was considering it until they ****ed the mac community right over.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

They keep saying they are working on it, but I never see any sign of progress. Let's give them until December 31 to add Mac support, and then start picketing their offices on January 1. Assuming they actually have physical offices somewhere.

We'll have to take a short break from the picket lines for Macworld, of course, then back to protesting.

4. xenotaku thread starter macrumors regular

yeh, its a shame.

The second apple allows me to "rent" movies, I will never use Netflix again.

5. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Companies make decisions that are right for them. Obviously with Windows at 90% marketshare and Apple at 5%, it makes more sense for a company to focus on Windows. It costs a lot of money to develop software so if they don't want to support Macs, nothing you say will change that. Just install bootcamp or VMWare. The watch it now thing works fine in VMWare on XP.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You can use Parallels/VMWare/Bootcamp if you're on an Intel Mac.

It doesn't bother me anyways. I prefer DVDs. I have a surround system and the online streaming can't deliver 5.1 surround or the video quality of a DVD (although it's close with a fast enough connection). Plus, very few of the movies I want to see are available on Watch Now. And, I'm so busy, I sometimes can barely find the time to watch the DVDs I get in the mail.

7. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Corporate headquarters:

100 Winchester Circle, Los Gatos, CA 95032, (408) 540-3700

8. shecky Guest

shecky

i have been unable to get this to work, using updated catalyst video card drivers and everything - i get some funky color, blocky, inverted video when i use netflix on demand under bootcamp and win XP.

9. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

FYI: Jan 1 is a federal holiday. The netflix offices will be closed. You may want to start your futile picketing on the 2nd for maximum effect. :)

10. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I've used it on XP (via bootcamp) with no issues.

To those that are upset that its not mac compatible: trust me, you're not missing out on much. ;) Maybe if I owned something other than a laptop it would be better, but I'm too much of a video/audiophile to really want to watch a movie on my MBP (I'll pop a DVD in when I'm on a plane, but that's about it).

11. shecky Guest

shecky

really? i have no idea why it does not work on mine. what browser do you use? and what video card drives? we have almost the same machine.

12. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I was posting to Q's question which i've bolded ...

13. xenotaku thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not installing windows just to watch some movies, but I do sorely miss the opportunity. I don't own a TV so I watch all my movies on my macbook pro anyways. :)

14. maxjg macrumors member

Yeah, they do it for DRM purposes(which only works on WMP right now. Though I've heard Silverlight may change this.

15. billselak macrumors newbie

Yeah, they've told me they're working on Mac support, too. I occasionally send them an email asking (to no avail).

If you do bootcamp it, can you somehow stream it through :apple:TV?

16. maxjg macrumors member

Doubt it, since it's through WMP.