Netflix video out to big screen TV?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by flipangle, Jun 21, 2010.

1. flipangle macrumors regular

Has anyone here done it? How does it look? And how do you do it? As far as know, the video out cable for the ipad only does video. How do you get audio out? Thanks.

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

You'll need the Apple Component cable. That one also has audio. It looks pretty good on my 24" HDTV.

3. rworne macrumors 6502

I've done it two ways:

1. Apple composite cable. This works surprisingly well, and also passes over audio and powers the iPad. Even works through the dock. Netflix looked like crap over this until the recent update this past week, now the quality is perfectly acceptable. I would of got the component cables, but these were new for $20.00 at the Circuit City liquidation and I could not pass them up.

2. Apple VGA adaptor. This gives a really nice picture, but it does not send audio out or supply power to the iPad. It does work with the dock, but plugging a cable into the audio port of the dock does not work. I instead had to use the headphone port.

I also think the Apple component cables will work too, and will pass audio video and power with a picture comparable to the VGA adaptor.

4. flipangle thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds great guys! Hm, I just wonder what it would look like if you hook it up to 52 inch LCD.

5. pooryou macrumors 65816

It won't look anywhere near as good as an Xbox 360 or PS3 (or Mac/PC) but it should work.