Netflix watch now?

Sayewhat

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Anyone know when Netflix will develop their site to let Mac users use the Watch Now feature?

Does it work running Windows through Bootcamp work?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The answers are "yes if you believe them."

From the Netflix Community Blog (excerpts):
We're committed to giving all of our members access to our instant watching feature. Both Mac and Firefox are on the list.

While Boot Camp and virtualization programs work great for watching movies instantly on an Intel Mac, I know that's not the solution we all want . So here's the deal:

A key issue for delivering movies online is that the studios require use of DRM (Digital Rights Management) to protect titles. And that's our holdup for the Mac - there's not yet a studio-sanctioned, publicly-available Mac DRM solution (Apple doesn't license theirs). I can promise you that, when an approved solution becomes available for the Mac, we'll be there. I'll also say that Silverlight 1.1 looks like a promising candidate - but that its DRM isn't likely to be fully available until 2008.

So, we hear you: get you to the Mac, Firefox, and the TV. Get you more great movies and TV shows. We're listening, and we're taking action.

Comment