Netflix

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ericgtr12, Sep 9, 2015.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Did they happen to show whether or not they've updated the Netflix interface? Personally, it's the main reason I use Apple TV and it's terrible, my hope is they update it.

2. robE89 macrumors regular

Yes, i mean it was only a picture but they said they've redone the entire app along with hulu/hbo

3. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

According to the keynote it looks like that peace of crap common UI that I hate with its 720p UI, autoplay and shrinking credits, POS SD startup quality and "we are unable" error popups. I hate this UI with a passion. All the devices use it now even the XBOne which use to have a great interface and now even the WiiU. I think I will be keeping my current ATV3 which starts up right away in HD, easier to navigate, no autoplay or credit shrinking crap and 1080p UI.

Even Netflix website has this POS UI on its page. Much harder now to find stuff and even choose a episode to watch.

4. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Thanks for the info, no way I'll buy it like this. Since my main usage is for Netflix I'll just get a Roku player.

5. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

I agree which also uses the newer common UI. Really all the devices I have the same issues with the crappy common UI I used Roku 3, Fire TV (does start up in HD though most of the time), PS3, PS4 that is what I own except the current Apple TV 3 no error messages, playback issues or anything.

Although they did not demo Netflix on stage they never do. Even if it does have a Apple TV type UI eventually it will get the POS common UI just like the once great UI on the XBOne and WiiU.