Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boquito17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
Hey everyone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have my Mac Mini connected to the Internet via a 3G USB Modem. My WN802T is connected to the Mac Mini via ethernet. The problem is here... The WiFi network is broadcasted, but I cannot use the Internet from any devices.

I have enabled Internet Sharing on my Mac, and have the latest FW on the AP.

Thanks!

Ari

Dark Dragoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2006
UK
So is it setup like:

Mac Mini with USB dongle --- (network cable) --- WAN port on Netgear router.

and is the internet sharing setup so that it's sharing from the 3G dongle to computers using ethernet 1?

Have you tried setting the IP address statically on both the Mac Mini's ethernet connection and the routers WAN connection?

So say IP addresses of 10.0.1.1 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 on the Mac Mini's ethernet 1 and an IP address of 10.0.1.2 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, and router address of 10.0.1.1 on the routers internet connection/WAN.

Boquito17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
So is it setup like:

Mac Mini with USB dongle --- (network cable) --- WAN port on Netgear router.

and is the internet sharing setup so that it's sharing from the 3G dongle to computers using ethernet 1?

Have you tried setting the IP address statically on both the Mac Mini's ethernet connection and the routers WAN connection?

So say IP addresses of 10.0.1.1 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 on the Mac Mini's ethernet 1 and an IP address of 10.0.1.2 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, and router address of 10.0.1.1 on the routers internet connection/WAN.

Hey there - thanks for the reply.

I think hat's what happened and it works. I have no idea how, but it does. I got some router address that my phone got when it connected, and it works.

Very odd, but I think this is what happened. That setup is correct.

Thank you very much. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.