Netgear Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Turbulizer, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Turbulizer macrumors newbie

Hi..! I'm new to this site and joined in desperation and hope! My G4 Powerbook will not even identify my Netgear router (DG834G v2). It's worked fine in the past but just recently I have had problems connecting to the internet. A little background info may help; I always switch the router off when I go away with work and this has presented no problems until recently and now my laptop just wont connect to the router. I have no problems using my neighbours Netgear which IS identified, but now my Netgear doesn't even show up on the list of available wireless routers. I suspect my Netgear router is u/s for some reason?? I've tried switching it off and on, and pressing the reset button....no joy!! Can anybody help? Thank you:eek:

2. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Make sure SSID broardcast is turned on in the router config.

3. Turbulizer thread starter macrumors newbie

Netgear snags..

...wow! ..thanks for the speedy reply. Unfortunately I can't access the user interface page through Safari as that will not open. It just stalls and nothing happens. As such I am unable to check any of the settings. Is it terminal? :(

4. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

try Firefox. I too have problems accessing the router via Safari. But Firefox works everytime I try.

Uhmm. Not to mention try it with a lan cable first. Most probably the settings on your router got corrupted for some reason and you may need to restore the settings.

BTW is the Wireless light on the router turned on or not?

5. Turbulizer thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Turbulizer thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn....nothing...nada...zip...it's as if my Netgear isn't really there. No mention of it on the available Airport list...no starter page with Safari or Firefox...and yet it really IS there, sitting in the corner of the room, little green lights illuminating, suggesting that it's working...I think it may be terminal...!! Thanks for your help guys, any more last suggestions before I consign this to the tip?:(

7. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Does the wifi router works with other Mac/PC? Did you try it with any other wifi computer other than your iBook.