Netgear Router and my MBP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AutobonProducti, Mar 22, 2009.

1. AutobonProducti macrumors newbie

The trouble I am having here is on my 2.4 MacBook Pro, disconnecting from my netgear router about every 10 minutes. I also have a G5 that is on wifi with the same router but never gets disconnected, I do not know what to do, I am getting sick of getting up to reset this connection every 10 minutes there has to be a way to stay connected. Thank you.

2. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

Interesting.

Do you have the same OS running on both macs?

Are there any obvious differences you can see in the network preferences?

3. AutobonProducti thread starter macrumors newbie

everything is the same, I tend to get disconnected when I am moving faster online, like through webpages, links, downloads...

4. AutobonProducti thread starter macrumors newbie

5. jeremybuff macrumors regular

I experienced the EXACT same thing with Charter internet. If you have them, then drop them fast! Their internet screws with some netgear router / setting combos- they even admitted it.

I would go with ATT&T. Even though charter and other cable companys say they're "15x faster than dsl" they aren't comparing apples to apples. My DSL is faster than Charter. Just my 2 cents..

6. RoninXI macrumors regular

Same problem but the other way around, my Mac which is connected via ethernet cable runs fine but wireless chokes and the routher has to be restarted all the time. I am using my iPhone and a PC a floor down on wireless. I never had that problem with my old belkin. Maybe some bandwidth controller issue (can't say for sure since I don't know how they work)

7. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Have you done a firmware upgrade on the netgear router?