Netgear Router - Time Restraints?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ShaunC, May 27, 2008.

1. ShaunC macrumors member

Hi there, after fiddling around for hours trying to set up time restraints on my router i've turned to the forum..

I want to set it up so it will stop wifi access around middnight and start again around 7am

on the netgear routers settings page there is something called 'schedule' ...however when setting times on that its achieved nothing

there are both Leopard and vista laptops in my household so i want something that will work for both

any help/ideas out there?

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I have a Netgear router and while I don't use the scheduling feature there are detailed descriptions of all of the various settings on the right half of the screen in the web interface.

You would probably get much better advice by posting your question to the Netgear Forums located here.

The router settings have nothing to do with the operating system of the machines you connect to it (so long as the WiFi protocol of the router is supported but the OS). You access it from either OS in the same way using a web browser and if the WiFi is switched off for one it will be off for all.

Good luck.