NetGear users... keep your DNS "fix" for 10.3.9?

Luposian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
While 10.3.9 fixed the horrible problem(s) that existed in 10.3.8 for NetGear users, I've noticed what appears to me a minor, but annoying problem, after removing the DNS "fix".

iTunes store takes forever to load! It marches along slowly and then gets really stodgy (not sure if that's a real word, but it means "stubborn" or "resistant to progress", to me) right at the end, taking around 30 seconds or so to finish.

I reinserted the DNS number "fix" and now iTunes loads up like ZING!

Can anyone confirm if this problem is consistent with just NetGear users or others as well? :confused:

Luposian

hexor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2002
Minnesota
Pops right up for me with 10.3.9. I am however using an Asante router and Apple Airport Express for wireless. FAR more reliable then the junk Netgear puts out. Went through 2 Netgear wireless routers in 1 year. Had enough of that and went with an Asante router for $30+ and the Airport Express for $100+.

capone2

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2005
chelsea-nyc
i have the netgear my first wi-fi and

hexor said:
Pops right up for me with 10.3.9. I am however using an Asante router and Apple Airport Express for wireless. FAR more reliable then the junk Netgear puts out. Went through 2 Netgear wireless routers in 1 year. Had enough of that and went with an Asante router for $30+ and the Airport Express for $100+.
it is awesome!! on a time warner cable network. But yes my itunes is a little slow, What do I need to do??

thanks so much.
PB 17" 1.5GHZ/1GB Ram. :cool: