Netnewswire crashing

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Robert Denby, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Robert Denby macrumors newbie

Robert Denby

Anyone else having this issue? It crashes every time I try to open it. Did a restart on the phone, but that didn't help.

Actually, I haven't been real happy with the new version. It hangs up a lot while syncing, and now this crashing. Glad I kept the old version on my iPhone.

2. aicul macrumors 6502a

I actually quit using netwewswire altogether. There are other options out there that do the same job.

Pity though because netnewswire had exactly the right functionality for me.

3. Robert Denby thread starter macrumors newbie

Robert Denby

I'm pretty close to looking for alternatives. I'll stick with netnewswire for a while since I paid for the updated app, though.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It is a known issue and the dev. said on his Twitter feed the fix was sent to Apple for approval 11 days ago.

I have moved on to Newsstand and much prefer it over NNW.

5. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

+1 When NetNewsWire released the new version, I was so disappointed I moved to Newsstand and haven't looked back.

6. Robert Denby thread starter macrumors newbie

Robert Denby

Version 2.0.1 was released today. Fixed the crash. I'll check out Newsstand.

7. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I was loathe to give up NNW - because it was my favorite app and they are based here in Denver near me. But I have to say - Newsstand is pretty great. So far I really haven't missed NNW.