NetNewsWire failed me.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LumbermanSVO, May 27, 2009.

1. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

Over the last weekend I started having problems with NetnewsWire. When launching the app it would hang when loading the subscriptions. The hang would eventually cause my whole system to hang and the only fix was holding the power button and re-starting. After a few hours of screwing around with it I just trashed the app and went back to using Shrook.

Yesterday I was diagnosing a problem I was having with Time machine failing part way through a backup. When looking through the logs I saw some NetNewsWire files(Users/Me/Application Support/NetNewsWire/... I think) appear several times. I removed those files and any other NetNewsWire created files(cache files) and now Time machine works flawlessly.

Between yesterday and today I have downloaded a bunch of RSS/Atom apps and so far NetNewsWire is still my favorite, but it is hard to want to use an app that fails in such a dramatic way. There are a lot of crappy apps out there.

2. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

What was wrong with Vienna, compared to NNW? I love it.

I've also wanted to try Shrook, but never have. If you test this one out, let me know how it works for you.