netscape 7.2 error when downloading email

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jeffwi, Jul 14, 2008.

1. jeffwi macrumors newbie

when I receive mail in netscape 7.2 this error message comes on "unable to write the email to the mailbox. Make sure the file system allows you write privileges, and you have enough disk space to copy the mailbox."

I use MacBook Pro and version 7.2 Netscape and using OS 10.5

I called Apple tech support and we tried restoring with time machine before this problem began two weeks again, but it didn't restore issue.

Other mail applications work fine.

I would appreciate any help.
    Jeff

2. glasserp macrumors regular

Just curious... why are you still using Netscape?

3. jeffwi thread starter macrumors newbie

I am the director of an international film festival and have all my folders in netscape which i started using in 2004. can you help?

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Maybe Netscape 9 can help you here?

EDIT: I am an idiot:
    Sorry. :eek:

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Maybe, using an app like Mozilla Thunderbird could help you out, by trying to import your email from and old browser.

6. jeffwi thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the advice about thunderbird.

I know 7.2 netscape is a dinasaur but am curious how to fix that weird message. i can send but not receive.

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Mail can import your messages from Netscape. Also, Seamonkey is a transparent plug-in replacement for Netscape.

As for your problems: Since you gave absolutely no information about your account, we are left to guess. I assume that you are using Netscape as a POP3 or IMAP client. My best guess is that your incoming mail server is setup improperly. If you are using webmail, then your browser is obsolete. You should replace Netscape with Seamonkey.

8. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

you really should update your browser suite ASAP, this is an ancient bug which was fixed back in 2005.

Basically, there is an email that's ended with a dot and cause NS 7.2 to read it improperly. You should go through webUI of your email service and delete the suspicious email.

I strongly suggest you update to either Firefox 3 + Thunderbird 2.0, or to Seamonkey 1.1.10 if you prefer integrated internet suite.

Attached Files:

9. jeffwi thread starter macrumors newbie

SeaMonkey works great. want to thank you for suggestion.

10. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

I prefer opera to seamonkey
    Seamonkey is a great app as well.

11. jeffwi thread starter macrumors newbie

problem with seamonkey

all of a sudden seamonkey is crashing and in email the delete doesn't always work. something is wrong. any ideas. i went back in time and downloaded from time machine but seamonkey problems are same. any help?

12. fairoakien macrumors newbie

Netscapr 7.1 can't down;load to inbox, lack of write privileges

I had the same problem
    it appeared the inbox was corrupted
    I went to the inboxes in the postoffice.pacbell-xxx folder and took my three items ( I had a Inbox folder so you may only have two items).
    Inbox.sbd a folder
    Inbox a document
    Inbox.msf
    I dragged the three items to the desk top
    Quit Netscape.
    Restarted netscape
    My mail downloaded
    Hope this helps
    To get to Inbox, is quirky. The Mozilla folder does not update for changes to files within the folder, so searching by date doesn't work
    Go to
    Ours/Library/Mozilla/profiles/"mail name"/------.slt/Mail/Postoffice.pacbell-xxx ( I assume pacbell will replace with your service name)