Netscape Navigator 2.6, Internet Explorer 4.0, Leopard Mac Book

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tralalala, Jan 24, 2009.

1. tralalala macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I bought a "book" and in order to use its full features (interconnection of video and image links) I need to use either

Internet Explorer - version 4.0

Netscape Navigatpr - version 2.6

web browsers.

I found the Internet Exporer Version but apparently I can not install it on my Leopard system since it is "too old-classic" and programmed in an environnement not used anymore. Any clues how can I solve this and proceed ?

Any ideas where I can download Netscape 2.6 and will it work ?

Thanks in advance.
    JJ

MacBook: 2.4Ghz, 2Gb of RAM, 120 GB

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Have you tried the Firefox web browser? If that doesn't work for you then the best solution for you would probably be to install Windows in a virtual environment like VMware Fusion or Parallels. You would have to purchase the virtualization software and a license for Microsoft Windows.

3. pooky macrumors 6502

You can't get Netscape 2.6. It was released in 1996. That's some book you have there!

As the other poster suggested, you should try Firefox. If anything will work, it will. It provides good compatibility with older systems, so as long as your book used technology that was relatively standard (for 1996!) it should be fine. If it uses anything proprietary, you might be screwed.

Get Firefox at:
    http://www.mozilla.com