Netshare iPhone/iPad tether

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cabrewolf, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Cabrewolf macrumors member

I bought NetShare back in the day and never got it to work. I now want to try and get it up and running so I can buy the WiFi iPad and just keep it tethered to my iPhone. I followed the instructions I found from when it was released and can't get it to work.

Can anyone tell me NetShare still works with the most recent OS on an iPhone 3GS? If so, can I get a walkthrough on setting it up? If not, will jailbraking work?

Thanks.

2. shaotse macrumors member

MyWi (JB req'd)

either the Bluetooth tethering or setting up your phone as a wifi "hotspot" should work- at least that's what I'm hoping:D

3. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

4. jeeosh macrumors newbie

5. nefoxforever macrumors newbie

Please help

I got my Safari loading at first but then gave HTTP error. Cant work it out. I guess my problem is that I upgraded my iPhone to 05.12.01 MX131C and can not Jailbreak. Is there any workaround to Tether iPad to iPhone at all??? Please help any one if can...

6. jeeosh macrumors newbie

You can try using a PAC file to get the iPad to use a SOCKS proxy. I have not tried this yet though! Be sure to let us know if it works for you!

http://snipplr.com/view.php?id=16563

-j