NetShare not available in the US

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markgamber, Aug 1, 2008.

1. markgamber macrumors 6502

How retarded is that? Thanks for the freedom of choice, Apple! Watch me return the favor. And the phone. Pricks.

2. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

3. wako macrumors 65816

you showed the man! not only did you make a thread, you also are returning the phone!

4. MV ROB macrumors member

i wouldnt blame apple....blame ATT. its their policy to not allow tethering.
    Im glad i got it downloaded when it was available, works too

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I can understand it. My tethering use once in a while to send files from my computer was totally going to kill their 3G network. Oh wait, I have an EDGE phone. Carry on! :)

Seriously, I don't get it. Impose some sort of limit, but don't saddle us with some stupid restriction. Limit the tethering speed to like 500kbps or something, but give us the option! There are plenty of phones that they allow this with (albeit at a rip of $30/month). If AT&T wants to stay ahead of the tech curve, like one of their honchos said in a USA Today article, they need to let us do that.

6. wako macrumors 65816

AT&T and the other honchos are all doing the same thing. Pretty much restricting tethering and if you do tether you are slammed with an additional $30 bucks on top of the $30 bucks you pay for 3G. All the networks also will terminate any account that uses too much bandwidth as well. Its pretty much common practice. It isnt just AT&T...

7. navigates macrumors 6502a

Is there a way you could tweak your itunes or something to be able to get it. I really want to buy this App.

8. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

I have this app, they just took it off today, i saw it yesterday and got it. You can jailbreak your iPhone and used cracked .ipa... but i won't go into that, unless you want to know more. Anwyays i have it (free!), haven't tested it out yet, but what will AT&T do? if you "bought" the app before they took it down?

9. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

There's always hope they'll put it back up, I missed the opportunity to d/l it the first time it was up and pulled, the 2nd time they put it up I just so happened to be online and was able to grab it with a quickness..

Even for those that do have it, there's always the possibilty that Apple will patch something in the next software release that will render the App useless.. I'm not sure what the ramifications would be seeing how we paid 9.99 for it.

10. CharQuake macrumors member

I downloaded it yesterday it was available on I tunes I just need pc instructions for it

11. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

The instructions are in the app itself. If you are talking about instructions for a PC or Windows Computer, then yea idk.

12. CharQuake macrumors member

yeah the instructions are for macs but I'm sure I can figure it out if I play with it for a while I hope they don't delete it off my phone side I paid $10 for it but your not suppsed to have it in the us

13. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

if you do a search a couple of posters created guides/video tutorials for PC setup instructions.. there's an alternative app you need for PC to get it working.. it's a trial app that you can use for 31 days, then costs approximately, $30 to purchase..

14. CharQuake macrumors member

15. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030