NetSpot Wi Fi Reporter $2Tuesday

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adam9c1, Jan 14, 2014.

1. adam9c1 macrumors 65816

adam9c1

Normally this app is $50

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/netspot-wi-fi-reporter/id678464954?mt=12&ign-mpt=uo=4

Everyone understands the benefits of wireless networks, but it's not always a simple process to get one set up correctly. Interference from neighboring networks, and radio noise from electronic machinery can cause serious connection problems. While you can overcome those by trial and error, there's a much better solution: NetSpot Reporter app is here to do the job for you.

*** NetSpot awards: 4.5/5 user rating on the App Store, Macworld Editors Choice Award 2012, Editor Choice by PCMAG, 4+ stars by CNET, 9/10 stars by AppStorm, and more! ***

NetSpot Reporter is a tool that helps you map and understand your existing network or plan and set up a new network. NetSpot Reporter is very simple, no need to be a network expert to start using it today! All you need to map out your Wi-Fi network is your MacBook running Mac OS X 10.6+, NetSpot works over any 802.11 network.

NetSpot WiFi Reporter is the perfect tool for both: WiFi professionals and home network optimization and planning by regular users.

2. blue-fireball macrumors member

I certainly would never give $50 for this app, but for $2 it is easily worth it. I have only used it at my apartment and at my workplace, but it really demonstrates the annoyances of wifi interference and helped me to pick a better channel for my wifi router. Plenty of other apps could do the same, but this is a nice package.