Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrteyssere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Hi. I`m from Norway, and I dont usually post things on this forum, but I could not find any topics the describe my problem 100%.. I am very new with Macs, so please help me=)

Got a 2010, Macbook pro, with 10.6.4. When I turn on my computer, I get to the login screen, but it says "Network accounts are unavailable". Will post a picture of this.

The computer worked before with this username and PW, but suddently I get this message.. I tried Command + R on startup, but the doesnt help. How do I boot from CD?

Best regards, Stephan

gillrakesh

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Network accounts are unavailable

Hey Guys,

I had the same problem. It was very much annoying and I visited MacRumors Forum (as usual) for an easy solution. But I could not find any thing helpful there. Then I started thinking myself and found a very simple solution. If you see on your screen top extreme right next to spotlight you can find a user name, actually it as you guys know it is the admin name.Now let me tell you guys how I fixed the problem:
Click on it and open Users and Groups Preference.
Now in that window Highlight the admin and Click the login options
Now in Automatic Login select Show sleep, Start and Shutdown buttons
Don't forget to select the the Automatic login user.
Now close that window and next time when you will restart you will see that your problem is fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.