Network bandwidth usage tracking

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by gecko91, Jan 11, 2010.

1. gecko91 macrumors member

Hi, I have a network connection that is allowed 8GB per month. I would like to keep track of how much has been used since the beginning of the month. Any way to do this?

Thanks,
    gecko

2. hanslenze macrumors newbie

Istat pro (http://www.islayer.com/apps/istatpro/) counts network use.
    Just make sure you reboot the machine or the app every month :D

3. Fasm Trout macrumors newbie

UsageTracker

I absolutely love the application! A few thoughts though:

a) It would be nice to have dual/multiple progress bars to visually track Uploads AND Downloads at the same time (ala SurplusMeter)

b) Also, I think it would be better if the numerical tracking of Total Current Usage wasn't limited to be displayed simply as bytes, but rather be customizable (ie. KB, MB, etc)

c) Major necessity for some: a nice clean way to see one's archive/history for prior months/days/whatever period of tracking the user sets.

Maybe these things ARE available in you're program and I've just missed them, but I think the addition of these small details would definitely warrant a purchase from most - myself included!

Looking forward to v1.1.0! :)

4. Fasm Trout macrumors newbie

The thing with SurplusMeter (despite being free) is that it needs a UI overhaul - maybe not a severe one but I am really a fan of what amarcus' Usage Tracker has going on. If only we could combine the best of both...

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

UI seems fine and very intuitive to me....the screenshots o the other program doesnt seem muc better, and certainly not convincing enough to pay for imo

6. BobF4321 macrumors member

I'm looking for an app that not only monitors total usage, but also usage by application, keeping a running total of bytes in/out for the current month for each application (or process) that has run during the current month. Is there anything out there that does this?