Network Browser Agent

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DianeK, Jun 19, 2013.

1. DianeK macrumors regular

What is Network Browser Agent? Is it part of the OSX? And before you wag your finger at me for not doing a web search....I did, honest, and I could not find any useful information!
    Thanks in advance
    Diane

2. Bear macrumors G3

You're right a web search is pretty useless. Yes it's part of OS X.

3. DianeK thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for confirming the dearth of hits on the web for this.

Here's the rub: I cannot get AirDrop to work. Having discovered the Console utility today, I had it opened when I tried AirDrop and the line of code that immediately appears in Console when I click on AirDrop is: NetworkBrowserAgent: Terminate AirDrop P2P link. So that is what is obviously causing my AirDrop to fail. No one at the Genius Bar knew what it was or what to do about it. And typing it into Spotlight doesn't bring it up so I can't even tell where it is residing.

Any thoughts/ideas/sage advice?

4. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I've been playing around with Private Eye and noticed this process as well. And while looking for a related process--NetAuthSysAgent--I came across this interesting site--may be of help:

http://triviaware.com/macprocess/all

For me, these processes popped up when I accessed my networked Time Capsule for a Time Machine backup.

5. macmacr macrumors newbie

airDrop

I think this process is related to Airdrop. When I removed it airdrop did not function but did work after reinstalling it and restarting. Pleae confirm my results:)